The following links provide more information on hurricane formation and other fun facts about hurricanes.
- This 8-minute video takes a closer look into how hurricanes form: provided by NASA
- An animation on the Evolution of a Hurricane: provided by USA Today
- A NOAA website that allows you to track historical hurricanes using the name of the hurricane, the location where the hurricane made landfall, or with latitude/longitude coordinates: Historical Hurricane Tracks
- Find out how the hurricane hunters have changed the way hurricanes are tracked and forecast: Hurricane Hunters
- Real-time satellite images provided by the National Hurricane Center: Satellite Imagery
- Read about the 1943 surprise Hurricane and the first flight into the eye of a hurricane: 1943 Hurricane