- "Coastal Change Hazards: Hurricanes and Extreme Storms." United States Geological Survey. March 2010. 16 March 2010 <http://coastal.er.usgs.gov/hurricanes/extreme-storms/hurricanes.html>
- Cooperative Institute for Meteorological Satellite Studies. NOAA and Naval Research Laboratory. 11 March 2010. <http://cimss.ssec.wisc.edu/tropic2/>
- Graham, Steve, and Holli Riebeek. Hurricanes: The Greatest Storms On Earth. Earth Observatory. 1 November 2006. NASA. 10 March 2010. <http://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/Features/Hurricanes/>
- Holton, James R. An Introduction To Dynamic Meteorology. San Diego: Elsevier Academic Press, 2004.
- Teunissen, Cleon. The Coriolis effect in Meteorology. February 2010. 14 March 2010. <http://www.cleonis.nl>
- The Weather World 2010 Project. Ed. Bramer, Daniel, David Wojtomicz, and Steven E. Hall. 18 March 2010. <http://ww2010.atmos.uiuc.edu/%28Gh%29/guides/mtr/hurr/home.rxml>
- Wallace, John M. , and Peter V. Hobbs. Atmospheric Science. An Introductory Survey. San Diego: Elsevier Academic Press, 2006.
- Hurricane Basics. May 1999. National Hurricane Center and National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration. 14 March 2010 <http://hurricanes.noaa.gov/pdf/hurricanebook.pdf>.